Friday, October 7, 2011

A Look Into Institute for Integrative Nutrition Scam Claims: What Students and Graduates Say About IIN

A Look Into Institute for Integrative Nutrition Scam Claims: What Students and Graduates Say About IIN

The Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN) was founded in 1992 by Joshua Rosenthal and is now the largest nutrition school in the world. Driven by the fundamental belief that if you can change what people eat you can change the world, the Institute for Integrative Nutrition has trained over 17,000 Health Coaches who have gone on to open their own wellness centers, health coaching practices, and healthy food restaurants. As some of the most successful professionals in the healthcare industry, IIN graduates have been featured in everything from Oprah to the New York Times to Martha Stewart’s Whole Living to the movie Supersize Me.

Though a scattering of isolated reports have appeared with Institute for Integrative Nutrition scam accusations, the vast majority of IIN’s students and graduates rave about their experience at the school and are at complete odds with these claims. In fact, in 2008, a third-party, higher education consulting firm surveyed IIN students and graduates, and their findings were remarkable: Integrative Nutrition had the highest satisfaction rating of any school the firm has ever measured.

This rating is truly incredible when considering the diverse make-up of Integrative Nutrition’s student body. Graduates come from over 85 different countries and are of all ages, sizes, genders, religions, and socioeconomic backgrounds. Each IIN student has a different set of expectations and seeks a different experience in his or her education. IIN’s curriculum is both comprehensive and flexible enough to fulfill this wide variety of demands.

The testimonials below reveal what different graduates got out of their Integrative Nutrition experience and debunk some of the Integrative Nutrition scam claims.


A Healthier and Happier Lease on Life
Many graduates praise the Institute for Integrative Nutrition for helping them overcome their own health challenges:

“Before I started at IIN, I was at 250 pounds and a mess. I knew all about eating right, what I should and should not be eating, I was just having problems sticking with a diet. When I started my studies, there were two things that registered with me. First was the theory of ‘primary foods.’ Getting my primary foods in order was key for me. Next was learning that diets don’t work. I could attest to this. Lifestyle change is what has worked. Since I started the program last June I have lost about 65 pounds.”
-        Cindy, San Antonio, TX

“I struggle with many food allergies and my main goal when I started school was to find a way to eat those foods again. After hearing from so many experts, I now know that it isn’t necessary. Foods that fuel me are so much better.”
-        Nancy, Westfield, IN

“When I was 52 I lost 52 pounds in 52 weeks. I used a Holistic Health Coach trained by IIN in that process. So, a year ago, I decided that I wanted to be able to share my success with others. I enrolled in IIN and it has been the best decision of my life!”
-        Sue, Philadelphia, PA


A Meaningful New Career as a Health Coach
In stark contrast to Integrative Nutrition scam claims, many graduates credit Integrative Nutrition with helping them transition from a stressful, unsatisfying career to a meaningful one:

“I read the brochure from IIN one day on my train ride home from NYC after a horrible day at work in a career I was not happy with. I had recently started studying nutrition on my own and cured many of my health ailments by becoming a vegan. I knew this was my calling and that I wanted to help others cure their health naturally like I did. I had a lot of facts, but knew I needed a full education as well as a business plan, which I had no clue how to achieve. I bought Joshua’s book, read it very quickly, and enrolled in the school the next day. I have workshops set up and recommendations coming in which I honestly didn’t think was going to happen for awhile. Thank you Integrative Nutrition! You have changed life in ways I am just starting to realize!”
-        Jes, Waldwick, NJ


“The impact IIN has had on my life has been huge! I've changed careers after 20 years in a dead-end job and feel healthier and happier than ever. We have so much to share with others and I am passionate about what I now offer in my own new company, Fuller Living. While I have networked and marketed my services, clients have come to me naturally, at the right time and continue consistently, even before my graduation! My life is stress-less now and to split my time between my private practice with individual clients and teaching children nutrition in school are a wonderful, realistic balance. I never could have imagined any of this even in my wildest dreams! Every time I share my new career with friends or associates, I beam from ear to ear because I feel such genuine enthusiasm about what I now do.”
-        Landry, Big Island, Hawaii


Nutrition Knowledge as a Powerful Medicine
Other graduates describe the education they gained at Integrative Nutrition as actually life saving:

“It wasn't until I was hit with a cancer diagnosis at the age of 27 that I realized something had to change, and fast. I began conventional cancer treatment, but also pursued some changes in my diet that seemed to be making a big difference in how my body handled chemotherapy and how I handled cancer in general. In the middle of chemo, I decided to leave my job behind for good, really take care of myself and attend IIN. I knew that even if I didn't turn this into a career, I would still learn some pretty important stuff that would literally save my life.

Since graduating IIN, I've formed my own practice and work with busy women who just don't know how to fit "healthy" into their lives. I also work with people affected by cancer. I LOVE what I do - seeing what a difference it makes in people's lives is amazing. Not only has my life changed for the better career-wise, but I am also cancer-free (hooray!) and the healthiest and happiest I've ever been in my life. How many schools can you say that about?”

-        Kendall, Freeport, ME

Business Training for a Quick ROI and Lucrative Practice
Also in strong opposition to Integrative Nutrition scam claims, many graduates praise the professional business training that IIN provides:

“The business tools are perfect for those people who have never owned and operated their own business before. IIN breaks everything down so that the steps are very easy to follow and manageable. They tell you exactly what you need to do to launch your practice. They also support you with endless ideas for marketing your practice, and they actually provide most of the content for you, right down to newsletter content, workshop scripts and an entire proposal which you can use to pitch your corporate wellness programs. I am a former successful Brand Marketer with a graduate business degree and a writing background, and when it comes to anything business or marketing related, I must say I’m fairly hard to impress. Needless to say, I’ve been impressed by IIN every step of the way.”
-        Jill, Seattle, WA


“The business or ‘fast track’ part of this program is invaluable. IIN coaches help you get past your fears and begin your own business while in school. You will receive all the marketing materials you will ever need: a website, business cards, and hours of business classes taught by friendly and insightful coaches who’ve been there and DONE it! This is an action-oriented program, and it got me, queen of sitting on my butt, to actually take ACTION! I gave a workshop and got a client! I gave a teleclass and got another client! I join the thousands of other voices that say, ‘If I can do this, so an you.’”

-        Zoe, Seattle, WA

As indicated by these testimonials and the overwhelmingly positive feedback from the vast majority of IIN graduates and students, Integrative Nutrition scam claims are baseless and untrue. Check out how these Integrative Nutrition grads are achieving success with their training as certified Health Coaches:
By launching careers as certified Health Coaches, IIN graduates not only enjoy successful and lucrative professional opportunities; they’re also changing the world and making people’s lives healthier and happier.


No comments:

Post a Comment